Does anyone have examples of poems?
How would you get examples of poems?
2007-02-05 02:33:01 UTC
Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.
Suzanne S. Barnhill
2007-02-05 02:38:07 UTC
If "your internet" isn't working, how did you post here? And how did you
come to acquire a portion of the Internet?
--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

Jezebel
2007-02-05 02:48:43 UTC
It's a sad world you live in if there are no poems when your internet isn't
shining.

JoAnn Paules [MVP]
2007-02-05 02:49:08 UTC
Perhaps by Googling on a poet's name when your Internet is working.
--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Jay Freedman
2007-02-05 03:28:09 UTC
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:33:01 -0800, How would you get examples of
poems? <How would you get examples of
Post by How would you get examples of poems?
Well i was looking for examples of poems for homework, but I don't know where
to find any examples when my internet isn't working.
Most communities spend quite a lot of money on institutions called
"libraries". They have lots of books, and some of those books contain
poems. They also have an index, which can actually be used when you're
in the library and not on the Internet (although many of them can be
reached from the Internet, too).

Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that schools taught people how to
think...

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.
JoAnn Paules [MVP]
2007-02-05 03:31:54 UTC
I spent many hours thumbing thru the card catalog. Like the Internet, there
were many chances to discover something new by just flicking to the next
card.
--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
Jezebel
2007-02-05 03:50:59 UTC
Post by Jay Freedman
Seems to me it wasn't that long ago that schools taught people how to
think...
Margaret are you grieving over golden grove unleaving?

it's just anno domini, old chap ... schools were always dreadful.
Suzanne S. Barnhill
2007-02-05 16:04:29 UTC
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Some poems rhyme,
But this one doesn't.

Tom Willett
2007-02-05 16:24:39 UTC
Yesterday upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
Gee, I wish he'd go away.

Tom

Sarah R
2007-02-05 17:34:00 UTC
Once upon a Monday dreary, while I pondered, blank and bleary,
Over many a bold and brazen demand for homework graft --
While I scanned it, nearly napping, suddenly there came a wrapping,
As of some one's ungentle yapping, yapping at my forum shaft --
" 'Tis some poster," I muttered, "flapping at my forum shaft --
Only this was how I chaffed."

-- Sarah